Video Discussion Questions
- Both in declaration of neutrality and in war, President Woodrow Wilson recognized a need for American unity. What was the definition of “100% Americanism”? How do you think that idea plays out today?
- What realities challenged immigrant stereotypes in WWI?
- Describe the impact on the German immigrant communities in the United States during WWI.
- How were immigrant cultures championed during WWI?
- One out of every five soldiers serving in the U.S. Armed Forces was an immigrant; list three effects.